Thursday, March 7, 2013

55mm-200mm 4-5.6G ED (Nikon) lens


Shot using 55-200mm outside found a cute Mejiro bird 
   Lots of people online criticize this lens as `cheapo lens` (cheaply built) since its mostly accompanied when buying a W kit zoom lens (dslr+ 18-55mm and this 55-200mm) It is true that its a lens meant for beginner in terms of quality, but I think lots of people neglect the true fact of how this is a zoom lens should be used.The aperture is 4-5.6G meaning that compared to prime lens like the 35mm 1.8G, this lens cannot open wide as much as the 35mm. Thus not making it a indoor lens. 

  



Also used 35mm lens to compare the difference with 55-200mm lens

  I actually never bought this in w zoom lens kit because it wasnt worth an extra $200USD (the price difference between dslr+18-55mm+ 55-200mm and normal kit lens was about 2万円 in Japan=200USD). So I bought this in a used new shop for about 7,000yen=70 dollars and I would really say this lens is worth that price range 50-100 dollars at max. 
  
     




         In terms of speed in focusing, Yes it is slow but as a startup photographer patience is essential to taking good photo the Mejiro bird I took above took me 1hr to find one, not to mention it MOVES sooo darn fast! Overall I am happy I bought this lens since now I have one prime and one zoom lens so it gives me an idea of what each type of lens are for and what they are mainly used for, and I believe from this point on it is the photographer`s choice of whether to take close still shots or far-away pictures. It boils down to the photographer`s preference so good luck!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment