Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Camera Strap

Walked around Asakusa for the entire day, using the Nikon Camera strap on my D5100,(came with kit lens) I felt really disappointed in the quality of the strap. By looks its a 10/10 but in terms of functionality, it did not exceed my expectation. 
When using the kit lens-18-55mm which becomes about total  800g  the 3cm wide strap gives pain in neck after wearing it for a long time. I actually wondered what would happen if I used a telephoto lens...not to mention Japanese people look at you when you take photos-they get lured to the yellow NIKON letters. woot fancy photographer....
  
So..I went to a local camera shop called Yodobashi Camera (Japanese version of Best Buy/ Canada Futureshop) and bought a new camera strap by Swimmingfly & Gevaert not sure if they sell these in the US but it caught my eye. With 4cm width slightly wider than the Nikon's, I got lured by the words on the box  "Material from Belgium, Made in Japan" :P. I actually threw away my top choices, OP/Tech USA, and another by Outdoors inc. I will highly do a review on this soon after using this for a while And update my photos at Asakusa Raimon, One of the top places foreigners should check when visiting Japan. Neat cool place with shops and foooood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment